PVUNL Foundation stone to be laid by PM Narendra Modi


PVUNL Foundation stone to be laid by PM Narendra Modi – India’s biggest power plant¬†Patratu Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (PVUNL) is being formed by joint venture of National Power Corporation and Jharkhand Government. Prime Minister will lay its¬†foundation stone on 24 April 2016.

The capacity of the Patratu power will be 8000 MW. The project will be completed in two phases. PM Modi will laying founding stone for the first phase i.e 4000 MW. In 2014, Jharkhand government has handed over the assets of Patratu Thermal Power Station to JV

It will be the India’s biggest power plant for which 1200 acres of land has already been released by the government and 600 acre will be released in future. 85% of the power generated will be provided to the Jharkhand state whereas the remaining 15% will be distributed to other cities.

The main raw material to be used in Patratu Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (PVUNL) are proposed to be coal and water. The water requirement will be met by using water from Patratu dam on Nalkari river.